Parsons Brinckerhoff is the nation's leading engineer and constructor of underground storage and related surface facilities. The firm was founded with the objective of providing a full range of quality services in the highly specialized field of subsurface systems technology, with particular emphasis on underground hydrocarbon storage and related facilities.
Over the years, our capabilities have been enhanced by the acquisition of complementary engineering, construction and service firms. Key to these capabilities is a professional staff with the technical expertise and innovative spirit necessary to offer effective solutions in today's dynamic regulatory and business environment.
Parsons Brinckerhoff develops underground storage facilities for a wide range of liquid, gaseous and solid products, with particular emphasis on hydrocarbons, compressed air and waste byproducts. Our expertise extends to the design, construction and operation of:
- Solution-mined storage facilities
- Compressed air energy storage caverns
- Aquifer and depleted reservoir storage facilities
- Solution mining for mineral recovery systems
- Underground disposal wells and handling systems
- Conventionally mined storage facilities
Parsons Brinckerhoff is also experienced in the design and construction of surface systems for storage facilities, including compressor stations, tank farms, platforms, pipelines, terminals, leaching plants, etc. Our well services expertise also encompasses:
- Drilling engineering and management
- Storage and disposal well workovers
- Mechanical integrity testing of caverns and wells